Thursday, September 27, 2007
There's a really cool safe out there called a BioVault. They aren't cheap ($349), but they're very cool. They lock up your gun and you gain access by swiping your finger over a reader to open it up instantly. It remembers your finger print - and up to 50 others you can program in. That means no codes to remember, no keys to fumble for in the middle of the night, and no kids getting in who guess your code or find the key.
You can see them at NRAGunSafe.com. And if you enter in a coupon code you can get shipping for free (normally $30). Shoot us an email if you want the code.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
While cameras have been shown to help catch criminals, they don't necessarily keep you from becoming a victim. A good example is in the UK, where gun rights are non-existant and criminals usually have more rights than those they take advantage of. There are literally tens of thousands of CCTV cameras in the UK, all aimed at making the population safer, yet 80% of crimes are unsolved.
It all comes down to one simple, undeniable fact - you are responsible for your own defense. Which means that cameras are not a replacement for concealed carry and other laws aimed at helping a victim while they're being raped, attacked, robbed, or God knows what.
Don't let the argument sway you. Just because NY, Chicago, and other cities have a lot of surveillance, doesn't mean you're any safer.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
- 12/24/3 · SteadyGrip · Advantage Timber Camo 2 Chokes · Turkey Model #BEN11145 $649.99
- 22lr · TuTone · Tip-Up Barrel · 1-7rd Mag #BERJS21001 $239.99
- 9mm · 20th Anniversary · Americas Defender Wood Case · 2-15rd Mags #BERSPEC0440A $599.99
- Over/Under · 12/26/3" · 3-Invector Plus Chokes Silver Receiver #BRO13085305 $1489.99
- 150th J.Browning Anniversary · 12/26/3" Grade 6 Walnut Stock · Gold Inlay on Receiver #BRO13092305 $1599.99
- 28/28/2.75" · Walnut Stock · 3-Invector Plus Chokes · Silver Nitride Finished Receiver #BRO013230813 $1399.99
- 9mm · 5" Threaded Barrel · Finned Barrel Extension 1-20rd Mag #CLAS9R $499.99
- 9mm · 16" Barrel · Collapsible Stock · 2-32rd LE Mags #COLAR6450 $1299.99
- 40s&w Compact · Decocker · Poly-Coat Finish · Glow Sights Rail · 2-12rd Mags #CZ01800 $349.99
- 12/24 and 28/3" · Turkey Model · Mossy Oak Camo · Auto #HAT00018 $269.99
- 12/24/3" · 3-Chokes · HiViz Sights · Pump Shotgun Mossy Oak Obsession Camo #HAT00030 $189.99
- 9mm · Matte Blue Finish · Rare Marked "HK SIDEARMS" 2-8rd Mags · Lanyard Ring · Limited Run #HK045002 $1499.99
- 357 Magnum · 7.5" Barrel · Matte Finish Brass & Steel · Wood Grips #KBILGR5055 $249.99
- 28/26 · 3-Chokes · Single Selctive Trigger Extractors · Over/Under #KHN00028 $299.99
- 12/24/3" · Ported · Walnut · Adjustable Sights Smooth Bore #MOS50045 $179.99
- 18" Barrel · Slim Forend · 1-20rd Mag · Full Stock Synthetic #PTR91F $899.99
- NEW STYLE · 45 lc · 7.5" Barrel · Blue Case Colored · Single Action #RUG05112....$349.99
- 9mm · Stainless · Decocker · Rail · 2-15rd Mags Case #RUG13010 $299.99
- 9mm · Decocker · Rail · 2-15rd Mags · Case Blue · Polymer Frame #RUG13011 $279.99
- 45acp · Night Sights · Rail · Nickel Controls · 2-8rd Mags #SIG220RCAM06 $689.99
- 460s&w · 2.75" Barrel · HiViz Sights Lanyard Ring #SMI150125 $699.99
- 460s&w · 2.75" Barrel · Lanyard Ring RR/WO #SMI150125FC $699.99
- 500SW · 2.75" Barrel · HiViz Sights Lanyard Ring #SMI150126 $699.99
- 500SW · 2.75" Barrel · RR/WO NO Lanyard Ring #SMI150153 $699.99
- 500SW · 8-3/8" Barrel · Stainless #SMI163500 $789.99
- 40s&w · Fixed Sights · 2-15rd Mags · 3-Grips #SMI209200 $419.99
- 40s&w · Stainless · Rail 2-14rd Mags #SMI220023 $279.99
- 9mm · Stainless · Rail 2-16rd Mags #SMI220025 $279.99
- 40s&w · Night Sights · DA/SA · Decocker 2-12rd Mags · Case #SMI320202 $389.99
- 40s&w · TuTone · Night Sights Rail · Case · Test Fired #SMI40VE $249.99
- 40s&w · Decocker · 1-8rd Mag · Test Fired #SMI99C $369.99
- 40s&w · Night Sights · Decocker 1-8rd Mag · Test Fired #SMI99CN $389.99
- 40s&w · Night Sights · Decocker · 1-12rd Mags Test Fired #SMIP99N $369.99
- 45acp · 5" Barrel · Stainless · Adjustable Sights · Accessory Pack · 2-7rd Mags #SPRPI9132LP $789.99
- 17HMR · 1.75" Barrel · DAO · 8 Shot · Blue #TAU2170111MB $199.99
- 17HMR · 12" Barrel · Stainless · Adjustable Sights · 7 Shot #TAU2170129 $299.99
- 12/24/3.5" · Mossy Oak · National Wild Turkey Federation · Dura Touch Mossy Oak Finish #WIN511048257 $649.99
- 40s&w · 1-10rd Mag · 4.25" Barrel · Tutone Single Action · Target Sights · BLEM #WOL504044 $369.99
- 9mm · Blue · 4.75" Barrel · Integral Compensator 1-10rd Mag · PROTOTYPE DO NOT FIRE!!!! #WOLLVPB $399.99
- 9mm · Nickel · 1-10rd Mag · 4.5" Barrel · Integral Compensator · Rubber Grips · PROTOTYPE DO NOT FIRE!!!! #WOLLVPN $399.99
- 9mm · Competition · 1-10rd Mag · Rubber Grips · 4.25" Barrel Blue · NO COMP. · PROTOTYPE DO NOT FIRE!!!! #WOLSVPB $399.99
Beretta 92D Centurian
- 9mm · DAO · 1-15rd Mag · Very Good Condition #BER92DC $279.99
- Sabatti MFG · Side x Side · 12/26/3 · 5 Chokes Extractors · Silver Finish · TINY SCRATCH #KBICDGE2333 $499.99
- 9mm · Fixed Sights · 1-17rd Mag · Case · Excellent Condition #GLO17RS $349.99
- 40s&w · Early Frame · 1-15rd Mag · Case · Excellent Condition #GLO22B $349.99
- 40s&w · Early Frame · 1-15rd Mag · Very Good Condition #GLO22UFV $339.99
- 45GAP · Factory Rebuilds · Night Sights · 1-10rd Mag Finger Groove & Rail · Excellent Condition #GLO37NSR $369.99
- 45GAP · Factory Rebuilds · Fixed Sights · Finger Groove 1-6rd Mag · Excellent Condition #GLO39 $339.99
- 45GAP · Factory Rebuilds · Night Sights · Finger Groove 1-6rd Mag · Excellent Condition #GLO39N $369.99
- 12/28/3" · Broken Firing Pin · Good Condition #MARM200 $29.99
- 12/28/3" · Improved Modified Choke · Single Shot Break Open · New England Firearms NEFPU $49.99
- 12/28/3" · Factory Folding Stock · 5rd Mag Cylinder Bore · Parkerized · Like New #REM25015 $299.99
- 12/20/93" · Cylinder Bore · Speed Feed Stock Parkerized · Excellent Condition #REM5042 $319.99
- 9mm · TuTone · Black Slide · 1-10rd Mag · Very Good Condition #RUG3048 $239.99
- 40s&w · Night Sights · Black Stainless · 1-12rd Mag Case · Good Condition #SIG22940BKVG $399.99
- 9mm · Wood Grips · 1-8rd Mag · Case · Excellent Condition #SIGUD2259BR $439.99
- 9mm · Blue · 1-15rd LE Mag · Case · Very Good Condition #SIGUD2269BE $399.99
- 38 Special · Nickel · 5" Barrel · Marked WCS w/Serial # · Case · RARE · Excellent Condition #SMI10N $349.99
- 38 Special · 4" Barrel · Square Butt · Case Very Good Condition #SMI10PR $249.99
- 38 Special · 4" Pinned Barrel · Square Butt Case · Good Condition #SMI178 $249.99
- 9mm · Stainless · 1-15rd Mag Case · Very Good Condition #SMI5906VEN $339.99
- 9mm · DAO · 1-15rd Mag · Case Very Good Condition #SMI5943EX $249.99
- 9mm · Night Sights · DAO · Blue · 1-15rd Mag · Case · Good Condition #SMI5944E $239.99
- 9mm · Blue · 1-14rd Mag · Good Condition #SMI59A $249.99
- 40s&w · Stainless · Fixed Sights · 1-11rd Mag Case · Excellent Condition #SMI888 $299.99
- 9mm · Marked w/# · 1-15rd Mag · Case Good Condition #SMI910VG $239.99
- 9mm · Stainless · 1-12rd Mag · Case Good Condition #SMID11 $289.99
- 40s&w · Night Sights · Decocker · 1-12rd Mag Case · Walther Frame · Excellent Condition #SMIP99 $339.99
- 9mm · Decocker · 1-16rd Mag · Case Walther Frame · Excellent Condition #SMIP99F $339.99
- 9mm · Night Sights · Decocker · 1-16rd Mag Case · Walther Frame · Excellent Condition #SMIP99LN $349.99
- 9mm · Tutone · Stainless · 1-10rd Mag Case · Very Good Condition #SMISW9VU $229.99
- 38 Special · 4" Pinned Barrel · Matte Stainless Case · Excellent Condition #SW644HBGVG $269.99
- 223 · 20" Barrel · Weaver Base & Rings Control Round Push Feed · Very Good Condition #WIN70C $339.99
- 223 · Lower Receiver w/A2 Stock · Excellent Condition #PALBH15 $129.99
- 2 Barrel Combo · 410/28" and 28/28" · Stock Ding Auto Ejectors · Gloss Finish · Over/Under #VERLX50128410 $899.99
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
As an anti-gun politician, you know it's a bad, bad, really bad day when not just one, but two newspapers publish editorials against your latest legislative proposal on gun control. And that is just what has happened concerning Mayor Frank Jackson's proposal to ban firearms ownership for persons under 21 years of age.
Several previous Buckeye Firearms Association endorsees consider run for Congress
The Toledo Blade is reporting that a special election will be held on December 11 in Ohio's 5th Congressional district so that northeast Ohio voters may chose a replacement for the recently-deceased Rep. Paul Gillmore. Perhaps more interesting will be the primary, scheduled to coincide with the statewide general election on November 6.
For many years, the enemies of gun ownership have hatched various plots to take our firearms. Outright bans have been met with resistance, and so these folks have had to resort to less overt, but just as nefarious, plots to reach their goals. I have noted that there are several things coming together at this time that are a huge threat to we, the gun owners in the United States.
With each newspaper editorial expressing journalists' misgivings with the pending changes to the media access to concealed handgun license (CHL) records loophole, it is becoming increasingly apparent that the Cleveland Plain Dealer isn't the only newspaper to fail to read legislation before editorializing on it.
When Ohio House Bill 9 was signed into law, the media gave it surprisingly little attention. But now that a provision modifying how Ohio's sheriffs are to handle the confidential records of concealed handgun licenseholders is about to take effect, the editorial boards are beginning to give it much more attention.
Imagine that someone broke into your house and forced you to defend your family by using the gun kept stored in your nightstand. The instant you pulled that trigger your life has changed in ways you cannot fathom.
After years of documenting these types of unethical journalistic activities (the Plain Dealer was first to publish the confidential information of concealed handgun license-holders), I had little hope in ever witnessing a change. But change is exactly what we have been witnessing over the past few months.
Recently, a former employee killed a current employee while she was working. The victim could not legally defend her life because she lived and worked in Wisconsin, one of only two states that have no concealed carry program.
The Fresno (CA) Bee is reporting that the cost of ammunition is rising, with retailers saying prices have climbed between about 10% and 20% this year -- and some even higher.
New ATF report again shows Bloomberg lies about trace data
The recent release of aggregate gun trace data in the New York City region by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) once again puts the lie to long-standing claims by Mayor Michael Bloomberg that this data is not available to law enforcement, the Second Amendment Foundation said.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
They also have Smith & Wesson's on sale (including the M&P - a great new gun!), and a number of revolvers.
Go check out Bass Pro Monday and Tuesday if you're in the market for a new handgun!
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
As an Ohio resident with an Ohio CHL (total of 20 states):
Alaska Arizona Arkansas Delaware Florida Idaho Indiana Kentucky Michigan Missouri North Carolina Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Utah Virginia Vermont Washington West Virginia Wyoming
Alaska Arizona Arkansas Delaware Georgia Idaho Indiana Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi Missouri Montana New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Pennsylvania South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Wyoming
Alaska Arizona Arkansas Delaware Florida Georgia Idaho Indiana Kentucky Louisiana Michigan Missouri Mississippi Montana New Mexico South Dakota Pennsylvania Texas North Carolina Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Utah Virginia Washington West Virginia Wyoming Vermont
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
If you sign up for our NRA Basic Pistol or Pistol Marksmanship classes you'll get an opportunity to try 'er out!
The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that Northeast Ohio native and former Attorney General, Jim Petro, has set his sights on becoming Ohio's next Supreme Court chief justice.
It was a law that had the support of politicians and law-enforcement personnel, alike, three years ago when it was enacted. The so-called "concealed carry" law gave honest citizens the right to apply for a permit to carry a concealed weapon - legally.
A Brady Campaign news release headline claiming that "huge" crowds turned out across America for anti-gun protests was both false and misleading, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
The Cybercast News Service is reporting that, as gun-control advocates prepared to hold a "National Day of Protest Against Gun Violence," a group dedicated to correcting misconceptions in the media about social conservatism and religious faith issued a study claiming that news outlets regularly "take potshots" at rights provided by the Second Amendment.
The same federal government that has outlawed a pastor or priest from offering an invocation or a benediction at a high school graduation ceremony now wants to use them to usher in martial law.
The Ohio dove hunting season opened Saturday, and veteran hunters know the more the merrier. Dove hunting on opening day is best when there are lots of hunters surround the dove fields to keep the swift-flying birds on the wing.
Few tragedies make their victims feel more helpless than multiple-victim shootings. Imagine the terror: Unable to escape, simply waiting for the killer. With school starting, the April 16 attack at Virginia Tech that left 32 dead is still on many people’s minds. Some are looking for guarantees that such an attack won’t happen again.
Reasonable people don't dislike guns, they dislike crime, and that includes the hundreds of thousands of the non-gun incidents of knifings, beatings, carjackings, rape, abductions of adults and abductions of children. Use of citizen authority can stop many, many of these.