Friday, May 30, 2008
- Carrying in a car’s glove box or console, even unlocked, is now legal.
- All CHL holders records are private, they may only be obtained via a written media request to view the info of someone, one at a time.
- The application form was changed to reflect the new law
- All gov’t buildings, day-cares and schools are now required to post the anti-CHL sign, eliminating the need for a CHL-holder to “decide” if it’s legal to carry there or not.
- It’s OK to carry into a park restroom, gov’t or non-gov’t parking facility, gov’t shelter (non-buliding), or rest-facility as long as it’s not attached to a courthouse.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
- Clarification on how persons without a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) can legally transport firearms in an automobile
- Allows lawful concealed carry in your home without a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)
- Clarifies an unloaded firearm as one with no ammunition in the firearm or in magazines or speedloaders, regardless of where else ammunition is stored
- Allows lawful Concealed Carry in retail establishments with a class D6/D8 liquor license (package sales only, not bars/restaurants)
- Allows pick up/drop off by CHL holders in school safety zones
- Provides for mandatory legal fees for gun owners who require court orders to have firearms returned to them.
- Allows lawful Concealed Carry in state owned shelters, restrooms and parking garages.
- Decriminalizes Concealed Carry in privately owned parking garages.
- Prohibits landlords from prohibiting tenants from owning/carrying firearms
- Allows CHL holders to carry firearm in unlocked glove compartment or center console.
- Expunged/Sealed records are no longer considered when applying for a CHL.
- Written test is no longer required for competency renewal of CHL
Go here to download the entire Act as a PDF.
Go here to see a summary of the improvements.
See the Buckeye Firearms article here.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Ohio’s “Castle Doctrine” Passes Out of House and Heads
to Senate For Concurrence!
Please contact your State Senator Today!
Senate Bill 184, Ohio’s “Castle Doctrine” legislation, passed out of the State House of Representatives by a vote of 73 to 23. This legislation now heads to the State Senate for concurrence.
SB 184, sponsored by State Senator Steve Buehrer (R-1), will restore the right of individuals to respond with force in defense of their lives and family, and immunize victims from civil lawsuits by criminals or the criminal’s family. Included in SB 184 is an amendment which make critical changes to Ohio’s concealed carry statute.
Please contact your State Senator TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to vote “YES” on concurrence. To find your State Senator please click here.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
CDNN SPORTS, INC. WEEKLY SALE
PRICES GOOD THRU FRIDAY MAY 23RD @ 7PM CST
CALL @ 800-588-9500 TO ORDER NOW
12/18.5/3.5" · Black Synthetic Stock · Tactical · Rifle Sights · Fair Condition #BEN20050G $199.99
12/18.5/3.5" · Black Synthetic Stock · Tactical · Rifle Sights · Very Good Condition #BEN20050VG $269.99
Beretta 686 Onyx
12/26/3" · Tiny Dings · Test Fired · NO BOX #BER686Z $899.99
9mm · Blue · Fixed Sights · Average Condition · 1-15rd Mag · USED #BER92VG $299.99
40s&w · Night Sights · Blue · 1-11rd LE Mag · Good Condition #BER96FU $299.99
Claridge C9R Hi-Tech
9mm Carbine · Walnut Stock · 16" Barrel · 1-20rd Mag #CLAC9R $499.99
Colt Police Positive
First Issue · 32acp · Missing Ejector Rod Cap · Bad Bores · Fair Condition #COLPP32 $79.99
Colt Police Positive
First Issue · 38 Smith & Wesson · Bad Bores · Chip in Grip · Fair Condition #COLPP38 $99.99
9mm · Night Sights · Early Frame · Factory Refinished Slide · 1-17rd Mag · Case · Excellent Condition #GLO17NRS $369.99
40s&w · Night Sights · Early Frame · 1-15rd Mag · Case & Manual · Good Condition #GLO22U $319.99
9mm · Bottom Release · 1-8rd Mag · Case · Very Good Condition #HKB045002 $599.25
Ithica 600 SKB Deluxe
12/26/2.75" · Improved Cylinder/Modified · Stock Dings · Silver Engraved Receiver · Fiber Optic Front Sight #ITH600 $799.99
12/20/3" · 8 Shot · Synthetic Stock · Cylinder Bore · Average Condition #MOSS500AG $159.99
22-250 · 26" Fluted Barrel · Stainless · Synthetic Stock · Electronic Ignition #REM6402 $599.99
9mm · Blackened Stainless Slide · Fixed Sights · 1-13rd Factory Mag · 2-13rd PROMAG's · Case · Excellent Condition #SIG2299 $549.99
9mm · Blue · 1-8rd Mag · Case · Very Good Condition #SIGP225 $299.99
Smith & Wesson 4006
40s&w · Fixed Sights · 1-11rd Mag · Case · Very Good Condition #SMI4006UNS $299.99
Smith & Wesson 4014
40s&w · Blue · Fixed Sights · 1-8rd Mag · Case · Very Good Condition #SMI4014 $279.99
Smith & Wesson 5906
9mm · Stainless · 1-15rd Mag · Good Condition #SMI5906ADJF $299.99
Smith & Wesson 5943
9mm · DAO · Stainless · 1-15rd Mag · Case · Very Good Condition #SMI5943EX $249.99
Smith & Wesson SW99
40s&w · Night Sights · 1-12rd Mag · Scratched Grip · NO CASE · Good Condition #SMIP99G $289.99
12/28/2.75" · Modified/Full · 1970 Belgian MFG Over/Under · GREAT WOOD, PAPERS AND CASE! BEAUTIFUL!!! · Like New Condition #BRO12SP $1899.99
Castle Doctrine bill needs your support NOW!
The Ohio House will consider an amendment to S.B. 184 (Castle Doctrine) this Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m. It is critically important that your Representative hear from you immediately.
>>> CLICK HERE to see how you can help.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Check out this article about states where this isn't the case.